Thinksport Yoga / Pilates Mat - The Safe Mat - Green
- Safe Non-Toxic Materials - Free of Bisphenol-A (BPA), PVC, Lead, Phthalates, Dioxins, and biologically toxic chemicals
- High-Performance TPE Material - Keeps you steady in the most demanding poses
- More than 50% thicker than basic mats - Increased thickness (5mm) provides better support and comfort
- Closed-cell Construction - Increased water, sweat, and bacteria resistance
- Free of Latex and Rubber
- Available Colors: Green/Black, Blue/Black, Purple/Black, Black/Black
- Dimensions: 24" x 72" x 1/5" (61cm x 183cm x 5mm) - namaste Thinkers
The Thinksport mat is made from TPE (Thermoplastic elastomer). The advantage to TPE is that it is a closed-cell construction material. What that means is that if you sweat or get water on the mat, it will wipe clean. It reduces the chance of bacteria growing in the mat material. There are derivatives of PVC being categorized as environmentally friendly or eco materials, this is false. When selecting your mat, cheap is not necessarily better for you and the environment. We have also investigated high-end rubber solutions. We are not in favor of rubber because of the vulcanization process, which includes the use of formaldehyde.
How do I care for my Thinksport mat?
Before first use, wipe with a damp cloth to obtain optimal traction. As necessary clean with a wet cloth. Mats are biodegradable to lessen their environmental impact. For maximum product life, keep out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.